Saturday, June 6, 2009

50 years!

This is my mom & dad! Sometime in the late 1950s.... they were high school sweethearts! & today they are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary! They are the ones who taught me, by example, what marriage is all about. Standing by each other in good times & in bad.... having fun together & working side by side. Today they are on their way to Alaska for a well deserved vacation!



Here's what I've been making for them....


I really had fun! I hadn't done embroidery in a long long time... & here is the label from the back of the quilt.


Of course I've been working on other things along the way. Like baby outfits....

and more fabric baskets.....
Ally's granny-a-day afghan is over 50 squares!

And I have learned how to crochet hexagons....


So Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad. Thanks for always being there for us. Have a great trip!

1 comment:

Vintage Chicken said...

I'm so happy to have stumbled onto your blog. I am on the other (south east) side of the metroplex and when I find another blogger that is in the area, I feel like I've found a friend! :)

Love the daisy pillow! so cute!