Tuesday, June 30, 2009

more memories

Well I didn't get any creative posting done this week, I promise to try to do that later! But for now, Here are Julie's latest questions from Tattered Threads & Willing Hands.

1. Was yours a religious family? Were Sunday's spent together with family? I have always been Presbyterian & yes, my family has always been involved in a church family & attended every Sunday. Sundays were pretty much family days as I remember...

2. Did your family take vacations? Did you go to the same place every year? We usually went camping, towing a pop up trailer behind our car. I remember lots of long car trips, sometimes leaving early in the morning. My sister & I (pre-brothers) would spread our blankets in the back of the station wagon & go back to sleep (gosh, we could never let our kids do that today!) We always went different places & saw so many states & so many different things!

3. Do you remember any special stories your grandparents told you? Did you sit on a lap when you heard these stories or did you hear them when you and your grandparent would walk hand-in-hand, taking a stroll? Do you tell any of these same stories to your children? Because my grandparents lived far away, there were no real stories in their laps.... mostly quick long distance phone calls (where we'd each grab an extension & everyone talked at once). My Grandma used to record herself reading books to us on cassette tapes & mail us the book & the tape.... I remember she read us the whole series of Raggedy Ann & Andy books. We did get to visit them now & then.

4. Did your grandparents live nearby? No, my dad's parents lived in Clearwater, Florida & my mom's parents moved around when I was a kid, ultimately ended up in Seattle, Washington. We lived in Ohio. What did their couch feel like? Couch? Hmm sorry, no memories there. How big was their kitchen? I don't know, kinda normal sized?

No comments: