Tuesday, June 30, 2009

this & that

Ok, first of all, I hardly ever use this space to carry on about my gluten free life..... but I have a celebration to share in that regard! June 1, Betty Crocker came out with gluten free baking mixes. There are four of them altogether, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, yellow cake mix & devils food cake mix. Today I made the brownie mix. Now I have had some gluten free baked goods in the last 6 months, some were better than others but seriously, none of them tasted like "real bakery" if you know what I mean! THESE BROWNIES TASTE NORMAL!!!! I just might eat the whole pan today by myself (which will not help my weight problem one bit!). So there you have it.... now on to our regularly scheduled blog post.....


Have any of you tried Mary Ellen's Best Press? Seriously, I am in love with this stuff! & no I don't get paid to advertise it! (but if they want to send me a few free bottles, I won't complain!). This bottle is lavender scented. It presses like starch, but doesn't leave any residue & it smells sooooo good! I'm just sayin...

Yesterday I made myself some labels to sew into my bags, etc. I printed them onto transfer paper using printshop, 30 to a page (don't forget to reverse the image! or all your letters will be backwards on the finished labels). Then I ironed it onto 1 inch twill tape & cut them apart. Simple! They came out really cute... Oh & Ally suggested the saying. I like it!


I've had lots of projects going. Here's a grouping I put together for the Church silent auction in July. It's one of my baskets, 2 dishtowels & a potholder. Everything fits nicely into the basket! All proceeds go to the youth group...



& finally, my hexagons! 26 so far.... it's still growing! Lots of other things going on. Making tote bags for church, birthday gifts for friends.... but all that will have to wait!
Happy day everyone!

No comments: