Saturday, October 24, 2009

one more post about quilt festival

I noticed a reoccurring theme in the quilts at Quilt Festival. Or at least in the quilts that caught my eye! Maybe that's it. Anyways, there were a lot of BIRDS in quilts! interesting. Here are some of my favorites:Green-eyed Button Tail Bird by Karen Keeler, ME

Red Legged Bird with a Tale to Tell by Kathy York, TX

Just Sing... Sing a Song by Tom Russell, TX

Turquoise Turtles and Friends by Karen Eckmeier, CT

Moon Garden by Judy Coates Perez, IL

My friends will tell you that I have been buying a lot of fabric with birds on it lately. Hmmm it's true. I don't know why. I've never really had a fondness for birds of the live variety (although those printed on fabric are generally cuter and ummmm quieter!). I think maybe it is just a fad in the industry & it just happens that many of the new, cute fabrics are of birds. Next year, it will be something different, I'm sure.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that last black & white with the single coloured bird

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Like Lisa said, my fave is the b/w one. Stunnning.