Thursday, October 22, 2009

some new purses

I've already sewn up many of the fabrics I brought home from Festival! On Monday I whipped up this little ditty for my sister, Diane. It's actually a version of my next pattern! This pattern is proving more complicated to write than my last one, please be patient with me! I hope to have it done soon. Anyways, she wanted one she could wear with jeans or khaki.
Today I made a bag with the other fabrics for a friend! It's a totally new design that popped into my head a week or so ago. What do you think?

I need to tweak it a bit. There are some things I love about it, like these details:


And the patchwork straps....

The things I don't like? I do believe it is a tad too wide (although I love the roominess inside). Perhaps if I box the corners so the sides & bottom are a bit wider the proportions will be better? We shall see.....

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I was going to ask how the new bag pattern was going... love the blue!