Sunday, February 28, 2010

something to look forward to!

Allyson & I are finally going to Ohio to meet sweet baby Mackenzie in a couple of weeks!
Look at that sweet smile! I cannot wait to see her. So today I made this little dress to take to her.... It was such fun! I had bought a fat quarter pack of cheep talk fabrics from Connecting Threads a while ago, because I thought they were so darned cute! I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but I loved them! Well today I decided they would make a perfect little dress for my baby niece. The bodice pieces fit nicely on one fat quarter. SCORE! But how to make the skirt? I ended up strip piecing my own fabric from several fat quarters & I just love the effect!

I still have the blue & green fat quarters to do something else with. Oh, & the scraps left over from the dress. All I need now is a plan.

My stack of crocheted dishcloths has gotten quite large. I think perhaps I will take a break from those for a bit.


More sewing tomorrow! Yay! Hope you all had a crafty weekend.

3 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

She's gorgeous!

Maria said...

Your niece is gorgeous and the dress is so cute.

Yes I think you have made plenty of dish clothes for now.

Amy said...

She's already a cutie pie but she is going to look gorgeous in that dress! Love the colors!