Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Quilt!


One quilt finished! This is one of the two quilts Mom brought back to me from Connie the wonderful longarm quilter in Arizona. I finished the binding yesterday... and even got the hanging sleeve on it!

This quilt is called "A Peaceful Life" and it is from the book The World as it Should Be by Anni Downs of Hatched & Patched. When I saw the sample made up at Market Review last year, I knew I had to make it! It just made me smile. I did all of the applique blocks by hand, sitting in waiting rooms & carpool lines. Almost all of the fabrics came from my stash.

Next up.... Steve's college quilt. The quilting is done & all it needs is binding. I can't wait to share it with you!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Your finished quilt is just beautiful.Love the clours you used.
Anni Downs is a great Aussie designer.

Sewjoe said...

Yeah! Looks terrific! You are zooming right along.

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

This is wonderful, I love the simple shapes and colours, stunning quilt.