Wednesday, February 2, 2011

so we had a snow day....

Yesterday morning I was awakened about 4AM by frozen rain hitting my bedroom windows. And thunder and lightening. Blah. I really did want to be sleeping but it was not possible (for me anyways! The rest of the family didn't seem to care).


So I came out to the family room & turned on my computer. Confirmed that school had been cancelled, read my email....


Then it dawned on me! It was the day I had been waiting for since I finished up this block. February 1st! Would the new block be up yet on Little Miss Shabby's blog? Yes! I had to wait for hubby to wake up before I could print it, as the printer is in the bedroom. But, by 8AM I had that block printed & traced onto my quilt block! Woohoo! Away I went... Look at those adorable birdies! I couldn't stop stitching until it was done. By 4PM I had my block finished & posted to the Birdie Stitches flickr group.


Is it March yet?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad your snow day was productive. And I'm glad book club was postponed because I had not finished the book!

Sally said...

This is really sweet! I love his little hat! I am hoping to finish my Jan. stitching tonight. My hand tends to go to sleep (probably carpal tunel) and so I have to take some breaks! Can't wait to start on my Feb. block, too!

Maria said...

Hope you get a better night sleep tonight ellyn.
What a lovley cheerful block you put together do early in the morn.