Friday, March 30, 2012

Swap block quilts

The other day I shared my red & cream swap block quilt with you. Today was the day we all brought what we had done to The Quilt Asylum to share. All of the quilts were different and all were wonderful! It was so much fun to see what everyone had done. We all used different colors to set our squares. Like navy blue...

 Bettepat used a beautiful gold floral to border her blocks (this would be so pretty in my family room!)
 This was Trae's first block swap ever. We all loved her quirky quilt!
 And she used her leftover blocks to create some very cute, very contemporary baby quilts. I really think I will borrow her idea to make some lap quilts for folks I have been praying for.


 Sarah put aqua blue with her blocks and did kind of a bargello layout.
 And Bonnie's is all set in white. She used all but one of her blocks! We all thought it had a nautical feel.
Our next swap is lime green and gray blocks, bigger than these (9 1/2 inches). I can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

Trae said...

hehehe - Trae knows about sashing now and hopes to do something much better next time! Thanks for posting the pics for us!

Maria said...

So many great quilts.

Thanks for visiting Ellyn.

Sally said...

It's so cool that all of the quilts ended up being and looking so different!