Thursday, June 7, 2012

double disappearing nine patch mini quilt

As if I didn't have enough distraction issues, Pinterest is going to be the death of me! I will have to live to be 200 years old to complete all of the fun projects I have discovered there. The other day I decided to try out this tutorial for a double disappearing nine patch which I first found on Pinterest. It's from a new-to-me blog called a few scraps. So I made up one block...
And when I got one block done, I saw all kinds of possible layouts for multiple blocks. So I  made three more....

Added a navy blue border and there you have it! My buddy Diann agreed to quilt it for me, then we'll put both of our names on it and submit it as a mini quilt for our guild's auction. What a fun block! And easy to do.... you should try it out.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so cute!!

Really enjoyed dinner this evening - such a great visit & now Robbie has a new book on his to-read list.

Lisa said...

Thats a beautiful green, I have a lampshade in that same colour and I love it, so lovely to match with dark blues and red.

Maria said...

An interesting version of the DP9 patch.
Will check out the tutorial. I am making some quilt tops for Aussie Heros out od DP 9 patch and it would be nice to add a twist. thanks Ellyn.

Christina said...

I love seeing this! Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed this. It turned out great