Sunday, June 17, 2012

home sweet home

I am home from a fun weekend away. The four of us headed down to San Marcos to visit Texas State University. It's our first college visit for Ally & we all enjoyed it. We ate out a lot....
 While we were gone, we celebrated Hubby's birthday and Father's Day.... what a great guy! We're so lucky to have him to look after us.
 It was really REALLY hot in San Antonio when we got there! We did lots of inside stuff, or hung out down near the river where there was a breeze at least! We spent some time in the Ripleys museum. Here's Steve in the love meter chair. Just for the record, the one that is lit up says "Boring" which is just fine with Mom!
 I took my hand stitching along, the little foxes that I won from Cinderberry Stitches a while back. I actually got a lot more than this done. I'll share it with you sometime this week!
On the way home I talked the family into Sunday brunch at The Little Aussie Bakery, which is all gluten free! I had french toast for the first time in years & it was delicious! I also brought home a loaf of fresh baked gluten free bread... mmmmm!

So that's where I've been. Tomorrow it's back to the grind... laundry, grocery shopping & hopefully back to my sewing machine! Hope your weekend was as awesome as mine.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad it was a good trip!

Maria said...

Looks like you had fun even if it was hot.
I am sure Stephen is not boring at all. Would you want hime home forever Mum???
Nice stitching.
Interesting the Bacery is called 'Aussie' Do folk from down under own it??

Maria said...

Hmmm.. BAKERY......

Lauri said...

Just found your blog and have been looking through it...love ALL of your quilts and hand embroidery! But saw this and had to comment. I went to Southwest for 3 years way back in the '80s. (Ended up graduating from U of H, but still...LOL). And my daughter's name is Alli and my husband's name is Steve and we are from San Antonio. I just love little coincidences like that.

Mary E. Stephens said...

Thanks for the tip on The Little Aussie Bakery. We live near Austin and hope to visit San Antonio someday. It's good know of safe places to eat. I'm not on a GF diet, but I can't eat MSG and that can sometimes be a challenge too. I have to say, though, that we have more choices in Texas/Austin-area than we did when we lived in Knoxville, Tenn.!