Monday, March 25, 2013

circle stitching

I've seen a few places online where people are embroidering random circles just for fun. I thought this would be a fun way to try out different stitches. I decided I would stitch one circle a day just for fun. Gathered my supplies.....

I really love the grunge fabric and wanted to do some embroidery on it. This is leftover from my last quilt. Perfect! I ironed a piece of shape flex on the back for stability (this also prevents wandering thread on the back from showing through), drew me a circle and chose a stitch.....

This was yesterday's circle. I have these plastic circle templates which are supposed to be for creating perfect circle appliqué, but I find they are useful in so many ways! I traced circles around them with a sharp pencil (I always do my embroidery with a sharp pencil. Have never had any trouble covering the lines with my stitches. Oh, but if you are stitching a running stitch where there will be empty places you don't want to draw a line that will show, does that make sense?)...

  Oh my, do you see what happened there? My "circle a day" accidentally turned into five circles. I really didn't mean for that to happen....

I'm not sure where this is leading, but I am enjoying the process!

3 comments:

Deb C said...

It's like a new version of a sampler! LOL!

Melissa said...

It certainly looks like you are going around in circles! :>)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh I like it!