Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rowing party

Today was the day we shared our finished Row Quilts at The Quilt Asylum. This has been a six month challenge, which I really enjoyed. We were given several (ten? I think) 1/8 yard strips of assorted gray prints which had to be included in each row. Other than that, we were pretty much given free reign. Here are the four quilts that were shared today....

Chris used lots of bright pretty solids in her quilt which I just loved!

 And sweet polka dots on the back...
 Lorna's quilt is called Ode to Joy. She shared with us, the top row actually spells out Ode to Joy in braille! The row with the spots, if they became music notes would play the tune to Ode to Joy! So so clever. We voted Lorna's quilt as the favorite and she won a TQA gift certificate! Nice job Lorna.
 The back of hers is so sweet too, with the name of the quilt in the center.
 I know you've seen mine before, but here it is one more time...
 and a spotty orange back...
 I love Joellen's quilt too, with the houses (there are birds on the roof!)
 the quilting on it is spectacular. And a very cool pieced back...
I know there are more finished row quilts that we haven't seen yet. Hopefully our friends will bring them to Bring n Brag next month and share! All in all, a very fun day.

5 comments:

bevkimmel said...

I think all are spectacular and so creative!

Melissa said...

Great quilts! (Of course I think yours looked better at the playground! LOL) Joellen's is definitely my favorite of the others.

Sally said...

These are all really great quilts! I am really hoping to be able to work on several quilts over the summer, but I don't if they'll be quite as interesting as your row quilts :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

All of them were very nice and I like how everybody's was different.

Maria said...

All the Row Quilt are lovely Ellyn..