Thursday, June 6, 2013

aprons and crafty Tuesday

You might wonder if I've totally abandoned my sewing machine for the camera these days. NO WAY! 

Joellen and I took a fun apron class last week and made these great fat quarter aprons.....
 It was taught by Natalie, the designer of the pattern and we had a great time! The apron is made from 5 fat quarters and some yardage for lining and straps. Several gals I know have made Natalie's bag pattern too and love it. I'm going to have to get my hands on that one!

Tuesday was crafty Tuesday at my house. These lovely gals were there, plus Joellen for a while...
I didn't get pictures of our projects but there was English paper piecing, embroidery and scrap booking going on. Oh, and eating. Always eating!

Tomorrow I'll have a new little embroidery pattern for you! Are you ready?

3 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cute aprons and I like that you have Crafty Tuesday. I would love to have a weekly or monthly even! gathering of crafty friends. But no one will commit to it. Sigh. I'm on my own.

prsd4tim2 said...

OH, the aprons are so fun. You'll have to turn me on to that pattern.

I have to admit that I'm a little jealous. You are so lucky to have some crafty folks to hang out with.

Anita said...

Hi Ellyn,
I'm so glad aprons are starting to come back into style, they're so fun. Your aprons are very sweet, love them.
Cheers, Anita.