Saturday, August 31, 2013

back to bracelets

Just call this flashback week. I seem to be rerunning some of my past projects. I got back into my bracelet supplies the other day, when I realized I didn't have any gray ones. I've been wearing lots of gray lately, often with yellow. So I whipped up these two lovelies...


Have you ever tried taking a photo of your right arm? Not easy. Might have been easier to switch the bracelets to my other arm (do you THINK?) but alas, I didn't think of that at the time. I was thinking some of my teacher friends might like the alphabet bracelet! Note to self, make more alphabet bracelets.

Then I had a brainstorm (while I was driving. Does anyone else do that? Please tell me I'm not alone. I seem to get my best ideas in the car or in the shower. Now there's a visual for you. You're welcome).

Anyways, as soon as I got home, I started playing around and made this (note bracelet on LEFT hand. much easier)...
Which looks like 2 bracelets but they are attached...
 The snap fastener is so much easier to put on than the tiny hooks.
Not bad. I may play with this idea some more.

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cool!

Maria said...

Very nice Ellyn.

Melissa said...

These are so cute! I really like the alphabet, of course!

Sally said...

These are very cute! I can't do up those little clips on the fabric bracelets, either. I was thinking that you could even probably connect the ends with a small bit of elastic, too