Saturday, February 7, 2015

Snacking with a mug swap

After I swore off internet swaps for a bit (who was I kidding???) I signed up for the Instagram #snackingwithamug swap. I just couldn't resist! The challenge was to make your partner a mug rug and send it with a mug & a book in the genre of their choice. Now that my partner, Linda, has received her package I can share it with you....

I had fun putting together goodies for Linda, including coffee & chocolate & the only Sci-fi book I have ever read and enjoyed, The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. I am not a Sci-fi person like Linda is, but this book had a huge impact on me, so when I saw that it was her requested genre I knew that was the book I wanted to send.

A little detail about the mug rug I made her. Following the lead of Mollie, over at Wild Olive, I tucked tiny pompoms under the edge of the binding. Such a sweet little detail! I will do that again sometime for sure.
A hexie flower and gingham bias binding completed the mug rug.
 Then, because I'm so in love with Svetlana's Lola pouch, I had to make another. This time I added Linda's name, foundation paper pieced using the Quilt Talk book, shrinking the letters to 55%.
I had so much fun putting this together & Linda seems to enjoy it. I don't expect to get my package for a few more weeks. I mailed Linda's off early because of our trip. Can't wait to find out who my sending partner is!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I really like those pompoms under the binding - what a great little extra touch!