Thursday, October 8, 2015

Halloween tote swap

Tuesday night was our October  McKinney Modern Quilt Guild meeting. Those meetings are always a blast! This time we swapped Halloween totes that we had made. I don't usually go the "cutesy" route, but when I saw this free pattern at Orchid Owl Quilts for a foundation paper pieced monster I couldn't resist!
He has so much character! So I put him on one side of my bag...
put together some Halloween hexies for the other side....
Added some pockets and a zipper at the top. I was pretty happy with it. Holly took it home & she seemed to like it too. Oh, and I slipped this fun zipper pouch inside that she can use year round...
I added some of the fun pompoms that came home with me from Purl Soho in NYC.

And check out the fun tote I came home with....

Made by Kena. It's the perfect size and has lots of pockets. I LOVE IT! What fun swaps have you participated in lately?

1 comment:

Maria said...

Lucky Holly receiving your funky bag....the one you brought home is lovely two..