Sunday, April 24, 2016

a week in Charlotte

I'm just home from a wonderful week visiting my friend Kathie in Charlotte, NC. You might remember that I visited her when she lived in Asheville. Back in 2014 I was fascinated with Kathie's weaving, just as I have been for the 20+ years that I've known her. But, I didn't know enough to really appreciate what she does. THIS time.... now that I've been weaving for a couple of months on my rigid heddle loom, THIS time I had a solid appreciation for everything Kathie does. And a million questions! 

We went to visit her off site studio where she was working on weaving baby blankets....
 And we spent TONS of time in her studio at home. Check out this yarn! Kathie has every single color of 8/2 cotton that WEBS sells...
 Look at the light streaming into her space...
 even her shuttles look pretty in a basket on the shelf...
 and bobbins in another basket...
and guess what? Kathie taught me to weave on her small floor loom! I learned so so much. Check back tomorrow if you want to see what I made in just a week!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What fun! Glad you could learn from her!

Maria said...

Oh Sandra is sew jealous of you being able to learn the floor loom....
Love your table runner and you used fabulous colours.....