Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hattie's Dresden Class

On Saturday, I had a blast taking Lee Monroe's workshop on her Hattie's Dresden pattern. I can't believe in all my spaciness I forgot to get a selfie with Lee! Here she is with my buddy Stephanie, planning Stephanie's scrappy layout for her block....
Lee gave us so many awesome tips for her pattern (and many that can be applied elsewhere too). She took the time to walk around and talk through each person's fabric choices, how to best lay them out, etc. I learned so much in one day!

Unlike Stephanie, I took the easy way out and made my first Hattie's blocks from 2 fabrics each...
block one ready to sew

There were so many variations completed in class that day! Here are a few...


I went home and finished up my other 2 blocks the very next day...
ready to appliqué on my background
This little quilt is coming together quick.

Thanks so much for coming to see us Lee! I can't wait to make more of these dresdens. Maybe I'll even tackle a scrappy one..... stay tuned!




4 comments:

Debbie said...

Interesting! I've never seen that design before!

Maria said...

Fabulous twist to the dresdan.. Love them....

Ondrea said...

How gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

beautiful dresdens well done Ellyn:)