Friday, May 27, 2016

Everyday Hipster Bag

Recently my friend Mahriam from Three Owls Handmade asked me to pattern test her newest pattern, the Everyday Hipster Bag. Ok, let's be honest, she didn't ask. I begged. I fell in love with her adorable bag and pretty much snatched her rough pattern instructions out of her hand before she had even had a chance to make them pretty. And very quickly (seriously, this bag can be whipped together in about an hour) I had this gem and was wearing it everywhere...
 Peppered cotton and Cotton and Steel prints
And then I started making little piles of fabric and dreaming about having a whole wardrobe of these sweet bags. Suddenly the linen and Liberty Lawn I had bought at Purl Soho turned into this...


And then my sister mentioned that she'd like a black one...
black Moda Weave and Cotton and Steel prints
You could say I'm smitten with this adorable bag pattern. My favorite part is the gusset, which I totally love fussy cutting from prints
The bag is so lightweight you can wear it everywhere & not even notice you have it on. It's just the right size for some cash and your cards and the front pocket is perfect for your phone. M included measurements to adapt the strap length for your favorite kiddo too. 

The pattern is now available for sale here. You're going to want to make one of these. Or two. Or twelve. Trust me!




5 comments:

Three Owls Handmade said...

Thanks, Ellyn! You are the best tester ever and I love all of your bags. The fussy cut gussets are also my favorite.

Debbie said...

Nice! So good to find a pattern you love!

Ondrea said...

Wow! They are all lovely and I can see myself making them from cat prints, owl prints, hexie and gothic fabrics. Only one problem.....waaaay too small for all my stuff lol.

Maria said...

All three are gorgeous!!

Kristin said...

Hi Ellyn-- you inspired me to try this pattern and it was fantastic! Thank you for sharing everything you make!

http://kristingumdrop.blogspot.com/2016/06/crossbody-bag-zippy-pouch.html